[HCoop-Discuss] Recruitment and Fundraising

Justin S. Leitgeb leitgebj at hcoop.net
Sun Nov 19 11:16:54 EST 2006

Hi Robert,

I think that the recruitment/fund raising wiki page is a great idea.
Why don't you go ahead and set it up?  I spoke with Nathan previously
about perhaps putting announcements in Comp. Sci. departments in local
universities, maybe we could put some preliminary resources related to
this on the page you mentioned.

I also asked the group previously about setting up something through
Powell's books like what you mentioned with Amazon.  At that time (a few
months ago) it was decided that it would be more administrative hassle
to do something like this than it was worth, mostly because of our
status as a co-operative not-for-profit, I think, and the limit to the
amount of revenue that we could generate that wasn't directly from
members (or something to that effect).  The other ideas that you
mentioned may work well, though.

Welcome to the group and thanks for these ideas... I think it's going to
really be important to continue having these discussions as we settle
into the new architecture and work to expand services and reduce member
dues.

Justin