[HCoop-Discuss] Recruitment and Fundraising

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sun Nov 19 10:27:10 EST 2006

Robert Ledger wrote:

>Maybe we should start brainstorming ways to raise additional revenue
>and recruit new members.

For now, I consider it unfortunate when a new member joins, because he
will have to reconfigure all of his services on our new servers when
they are ready.

>1. How about a competition with a years free membership as a prize for
>the winner.

Is our mega-cheap service really so undesirable that we need gimmicks
like this? :D

>2 How about having a paypal donate button for HCoop for any member
>willing to use it on their sites?
>
>3 How about an HCoop account with  Amazon for members to advertise
>books on their sites, if they are willing?
>
>4 How about an HCoop Adsense  account ditto?

The laws governing our corporate existence make it very difficult for us
to accept any income besides member dues.  We have a percentage cap of
around 20% on how much income can come from any source besides members.
We really are not having any problems with financing, though, so no
worries there.