[HCoop-Discuss] more crap

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Thu Nov 9 21:42:09 EST 2006

I've finished looking over the contract. I don't like the assignment term:
> 11.3. Assignment. Customer may not assign this Agreement or any of its
> rights or obligations or the license hereunder,
> without the prior written consent of Peer 1. Peer 1 may assign its
> rights and obligations under this Agreement to a Peer
> 1 affiliate, without Customer’s consent.
I think we should try to push this one more time. I think I should say
we will sign the contract with term 19, if they will insert the clause
"which will not be unreasonably withheld" to the end of the first
sentence in this clause. Since this is the same language under the
"Reselling" clause and it is a very standard arrangement for leases, I
would hope they would grant it.

This is a very basic change which would greatly benefit us if we wanted
to move out for some reason. Under these terms Peer1 can arbitrarily
prevent us from assigning our agreement, even if we find a good replacement.