[Hcoop-discuss] Poll on how much you're willing to invest in HCoop

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Wed May 24 19:21:38 EDT 2006

Here's a quick summary of the poll results so far with some color
commentary.  I encourage anyone who hasn't voted yet to do so ASAP at:
    https://members.hcoop.net/portal/poll?vote=8

We have 27 respondents so far, out of 64 members.

Summing up the lower ranges of the people who have responded, we have a
total of $272.  Summing up the upper ranges, we get $441.

Add in $3/mo. for everyone who hasn't voted, to cover what each such
person seems comfortable paying already, and we arrive at a lower bound
of $383/mo., which happily exceeds the $300/mo. we have quoted from
Hurricane Electric, the offer currently ranked as the 2nd highest
quality according to commentary on the ColocationProvidersEvaluation
wiki page.

My conclusion is that it is no longer purely speculative to say that the
co-op as a whole is willing to pay the costs associated with expanded
operations.  The only other costs to think about are those for
purchasing new hardware, which lend themselves more easily to
traditional kinds of financing, because they're one-time.