[Hcoop-discuss] Tax-exemption update

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Sun Jun 18 02:58:29 EDT 2006

I received a letter yesterday from the IRS noting that our application
for tax-exempt status has finally been assigned to an agent and
requesting more information in order to make a determination.  Our
response must be received by June 29 or the application will be deemed
withdrawn.

Fortunately, the three items requested are all very simple to supply.
1. A copy of our bylaws.  We already sent that with the initial
application, but I am sending an additional copy
2. An affirmation that 85% of our income comes from our members.  Again
we already did this in our original application.
3. Details of our relationship with Xiolink and Interserver, as well as
any conflicts of interest.  I am asserting that no conflicts exist as
well as explaining our selection process.  However I *must* have from
Adam copies of our hosting agreement with Xiolink and Interserver, and
also if possible copies of our most recent monthly statements from each
of these.

Adam, please email me these documents.  If there are printed agreements
(or statements) please email me scanned copies, or if faxing is easier I
can get you a number for this.  Electronic copies are fine too, just
send html archives, text, .PDF or any other easily-printed format.  In
any event please get these to me ASAP so I can submit the letter early.
Given that these three easily satisfied items (two of which we have
already previously provided) are the only infos requested, I think there
is a good chance that the application will ultimately be approved.