[HCoop-Discuss] window maker seeks new hosting solution

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Thu Jul 6 16:31:37 EDT 2006

I think even fyodor could easily handle the load of the wm project,
however I agree that you should present it to them and have them join
straight to our new setup, which will hopefully be ready by the time
they are.  I think that if we keep on track and don't get bogged down
with minutiae and alternatives, we can be up and running on a new host
within 45 days.  I think we should set that as a goal and set some
timelines for buying the new server, getting Abu offline, moving into a
new cabinet etc.  In particular I think we should set a goal of "moving
into new cabinet" for 30 days from now.  And I think now would be a good
time to schedule our next meeting if possible, and have our hardware
vendor and colo provider settled on and ready to order at that time.

Right now I'm going to go out on a limb and say we are leaning heavily
towards Peer1/Penguin Computing, with possible alternatives of
HE.net/Dell.  I think we should not be entertaining any new vendors or
networks that we have not previously considered at this point in time.

-ntk