[HCoop-Discuss] window maker seeks new hosting solution

Andre Kuehne aku at hcoop.net
Thu Jul 6 15:16:53 EDT 2006

Hi

I am a bit involved in the wm-dev mailinglist and know from there that
the window maker maintainers are looking for a new hosting solution.

I thought about suggesting hcoop to them, but i have no clue if we are
up to the task at the moment, or in general, or if there might be other
issues i didn't thought about.

Besides the standard requirements they moved their development tree
from CVS to darcs. I am no darcs expert, but as far as i know about
darcs and our hosting architecture, setting up a remotely commmitable
darcs repo would require either

- an own unix user for the repository and then storing public keys of
   all commiters into ~repo-user/.ssh/authorized_keys

- or using some kind of server process or cronjob which applies
   patches send via email

I do not want a green light for a membership here. I do not even know if
_they_ would be interested. I just want your opinion about the idea.
If it's feasible, or even desirable or just silly.

Andre