[Hcoop-discuss] HCoop Web UI?

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Mon Jul 3 14:57:06 EDT 2006

Justin S. Leitgeb wrote:

>Since we're talking about moving to a much more expensive web hosting
>plan that should last well into the future, I wanted to see how much
>interest there would be in improvements to other areas of our service.
>Specifically, is anyone interested in having or helping to develop a web
>user interface for domains that are hosted on our servers?

We established in the past that what you describe is the best kind of
interface for a large class of potential members.  However, people in
this class tend to be unable to deal with the strains associated with
migrating to a new hosting set-up, which almost surely must involve some
manual technical decision-making from each member.  Thus, it seems best
to wait until we have a stable, scalable infrastructure before doing
anything to attract less UNIX-inclined members.