[Hcoop-discuss] Google checkout

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Sun Jul 2 02:22:23 EDT 2006

I think we should sign up for Google Checkout ASAP.

1. Some of our users and potential users disfavor PayPal as a matter of
principle or reputation.
2. It is unclear if we can conveniently certify our PayPal account to
accept credit cards and lift the monthly transfer cap.
3. Checkout is cheaper for small transactions than PayPal, and many of
our users prefer small transactions.
4. We could immediately accept VISA/Mastercard etc., which is much
simpler and more convenient for users who have not opened Paypal
accounts, especially international users outside PayPal's service area.
5. Displacement of users who stopped paying with PayPal would make it
less urgent to lift our transfer cap on PayPal.

Adam, could you take a look at checkout.google.com and see about the
signup process?