[Hcoop-discuss] next server set-up - colocation questions

Justin S. Leitgeb leitgebj at hcoop.net
Fri Jan 27 12:38:40 EST 2006

Hi all,

Moving towards a new server, and an architecture that is scaleable in
the ways discussed in this list, including Adam's post copied below,
let's talk about co-location.  Sorry in advance if this is redundant, I
am new to the list...

On our co-location wiki page
(http://wiki.hcoop.net/wiki/ColocationPlans), it looks like a four
providers have been discussed.  Starting off the list we have GAIA Host
(http://www.gaiahost.coop), which is a hosting co-operative.  Since
most, if not all co-operatives seem to think it is valuable to help
other co-operatives, what does everyone think about using this provider
for co-location?  Has there been any discussion between our
co-operatives?  Is this a viable option?  If we have spoken with this
co-op, what are we looking at for monthly costs for a 1U or 2U server?

Are there compelling reasons to choose any other provider over this one?

Looking forward to hearing what our co-op has discussed in terms of
colocation options!

Best,

Justin