[Hcoop-discuss] Registered agent

ntk at hcoop.net ntk at hcoop.net
Fri Jan 20 13:05:04 EST 2006

A heads up,

Our agreement with Myer & Myer for registered agent service ends February
14.  I talked to them and the rate is unchanged at $100 annually.  It's
important that we send in timely payment to comply with the law and ensure
that we receive any service of process (though I don't expect us to be
sued, losing by default is not fun).  In my research in the past year,
this is still about the lowest rate you can find for this kind of service,
at least in Pennsylvania.  This currently comes to $1.82 per member per
year.

I can send the payment in myself and credit my account as in the past.
Adam, would you prefer this or would you rather send a check/money order
directly out of HCoop's account?

Also there is the question of where to forward mail.  I think it would
make most sense to use my address, since I live quite close to Milford so
the mail would be fast, and if any of the directors had to appear in PA
court it would be easiest for me.

Lastly I was annoyed to find that after doing business at 110 Broad St for
years, Myer & Myer moved to a new address this past year.  I imagine they
will continue to receive mail forwarded from the old address, but this
leaves the question as to whether we now have to file a change of
registered agent form with the Commonwealth (which I think costs something
like $60-80).  I will call the Department of State and ask, but I don't
think we should, since the registered agent itself is licensed by the
commonwealth and would need to file a change of address, and we are
retaining the same agent.

-Nathan