[Hcoop-discuss] I need disk space

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Thu Jan 19 10:35:45 EST 2006

Adam Chlipala wrote:

> Since we have a majority of free disk space at the moment, we should
> certainly be able to accommodate requests of this magnitude for disk
> space.  The main question is if we charge extra for it.  I know that
> in the future it will clearly make sense to do so, since we'll want to
> allow arbitrary scaling-up of disk space with appropriate payment.
> Any thoughts on what to do in the near future?  I expect/hope that
> we'll switch to a new server set-up sooner rather than later, which is
> why I make this temporal distinction between policies.

I haven't noticed any replies, so I'm proposing that we grant Terry's
request for a 5 GB quota increase without any additional fee, for now.
We can do the same for a limited set of current members.  If you can
make other arrangements for the next few months, then that can only have
a positive effect on fyodor's reliability, but there's no need to be
stingy given our current low disk usage.

Would one of the more quota-savvy admins care to implement this? :-)