[Hcoop-discuss] Web-enabled searching of the mailing list

ntk at hcoop.net ntk at hcoop.net
Tue Feb 7 11:59:45 EST 2006

> Brian Templeton wrote:
>
>>I can go ahead and add them to Gmane, if nobody objects. Would
>>gmane.org.hcoop.{announce,discuss,misc} be okay?
>>

> Currently, no one can subscribe directly to any of these lists; the
> portal subscribes new members to the first, and members control their
> own subscription status to the second two with the portal.
>
> It would be a policy change to let basically everyone into these lists.
> What do y'all think?

We've been pretty open so far and nothing dark and secret has been
discussed on this list.  My #1 concern with gmane though would be email
harvesting.  I really don't see the value at this point of changing the
policy in this regard.  Personally I think we should manage out own
mailing list/search/archives.  As I tried to point out it's really not
that hard to find something in the archives right now, for the few good
folks who actually consult the archives.