[Hcoop-discuss] hcoop.net or hosting.coop? Time for a new domain name?

Justin S. Leitgeb leitgebj at hcoop.net
Thu Feb 2 16:32:20 EST 2006

Dear fellow hosting co-op members:

I was just wondering if there was a reason for not purchasing a .coop
top-level domain.  Personally, I think that there would be several
advantages to getting one, including increased visibility and the name
recognition among others who are familiar with cooperative movements.

Is there any interest in becoming hosting.coop (or another .coop name
that members come up with) among current members?  Are there any really
compelling reasons not to get a cooperative domain name, given our
current size and expected growth?

Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks!

Justin