[HCoop-Discuss] Cooperation among cooperatives - colocation

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Thu Dec 21 11:59:15 EST 2006

Graham Freeman wrote:

>This needn't be a major undertaking, though.  I realize that because
>I included a lot of detail in my first message, it came across as a
>big chunk of connected work.

Yes, I think it's definitely worth figuring out the components that
_are_ related to transferring our current level of service to the new
servers and dealing with those ASAP.

>I'm hoping to be able to include my own serial console server in the
>deal.  No guarantees whatsoever, but it's my strong preference.  (I
>have two Cyclades console servers - a functional 32-port one and a 48-
>port one that doesn't currently work but may be fixable.)

We wanted a serial console server, but couldn't find any priced at
levels that made the idea seem reasonable.  If you have one (even 32
ports is way more than we need!) that you can sell to the co-op at a
significantly lower price, then that might change things.

I guess we're waiting to hear from Matthew Craig about possibilities for
direct-from-Dell rails before deciding to take you up on your offer
there, Graham.  I'm also hoping that Nathan will try the do-it-yourself
suggestions made by Matthew and others, or post here about what
additional information/help he needs before he's able to do that.  I
would still prefer that we use the rails we already bought, since we
can't get a refund for them.