[HCoop-Discuss] Fixing warped rails

Nathan Kennedy ntk at hcoop.net
Wed Dec 20 01:56:39 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 22:45 -0800, Graham Freeman wrote:
> On 19-Dec-06, at 22:37, Nathan Kennedy wrote:
>
> > Whoa! Lots of responses here!
> >
> > The Dell is in fact a PE2850 and is under support.  What we have and
> > need are Versa (round hole) rails.  So if it looks like Graham does in
> > fact have the set we need, or we can get the rails from Dell, as two
> > possibilities.  I can try mucking about with a solid set of pliers
> > but I
> > am not too hopeful.  We only need the left rail replaced (it has a
> > big L
> > on it), so Graham or Dell wouldn't have to ship the whole kit.  Our
> > supplier for the rails will only sell us complete kits.
> >
> > -ntk
> A partial rail kit does me no good.  :)  I'd be happy to send my kit
> along.  I can't donate it, but I have an idea that I'll explain in a
> follow-up email.

Right, a partial railkit does no one any good except those who have the
other parts, which means at best what we've got left over here is barely
eBay-worthy.  Let me know what your idea is, if it is better than what
we can do with buying it from DiscounTechnology or what we can get from
Dell support it may be of use.