[HCoop-Discuss] Apache choice?

leitgebj at hcoop.net leitgebj at hcoop.net
Wed Dec 13 23:56:42 EST 2006

Was the choice made?  ;)

I don't remember talking about it and have the feeling we might have
just stuck with something that has worked for a long time.  The only
problem that I could see with lighthttpd is that I don't know about
compatibility with existing applications, both for administration
(domtool) and users' sites and it might be a hassle to install for this
reason.  However, perhaps this isn't an issue with the way that we're
currently running things.

Maybe in the migration it wouldn't be a bad idea to try using lighthttpd
or something else (I've heard some good things about lighthttpd), but I
don't have any first-hand experience with servers besides apache
personally and for that reason can't comment any further.

At any rate, I don't think it's a silly question and perhaps we could at
least begin to discuss it as a future platform.

Justin