[Hcoop-discuss] Port forwarding and sshd option UsePrivilegeSeparation

Anil K. Narayanan anil at hcoop.net
Tue Oct 25 13:36:00 EDT 2005

I am trying to get port forwarding working with my account on
fyodor. The firewall rule and socket permissions are in place for
irc.freenode.net:6667 (for my login) but ssh complains saying 'channel
2: open failed: connect failed: Connection refused'.  I am however
able to get hcoop.net:80 forwarded. This makes it look like the reason
might be the sshd process running as root instead of my own login
(considering the per user firewall rules that might be setup). So
wanted to know if turning on the UsePrivilegeSeparation option in sshd
configuration would affect us. And other ways I can get the
forwarding working.
--
Anil. (hcoop.net/~anil)