[Hcoop-discuss] Web design tweaked

Michael Olson mwolson at member.fsf.org
Sun Nov 13 18:58:57 EST 2005

Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> writes:

> I mainly tweaked some margins and padding to account for different
> browser defaults, and I also switched to Anil's newest logo.  I
> converted it to GIF, since it seems some of y'all have browsers that
> don't support transparency in PNGs.
>
> The wiki page again for discussing this is:
>    http://wiki.hcoop.net/wiki/TheHcoopLook
>
> I'm hoping for one or more persons who are web design experts to
> either produce remixes of this design that address any comments worth
> handling, or to declare that they don't like mine and create their own
> marvelous substitutes. :-)

It looks very nice.  I recommend adding the following to hcoop.css.

li {
  line-height: 1.5em;
  margin-top: .7em;
}

"line-height" spaces out each list item, and "margin-top" separates
lists from other parts of the web page.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Interests: anime, Debian, XHTML, wiki, Emacs Lisp