[Hcoop-discuss] Web site look: Logo updates

Anil K. Narayanan anil at hcoop.net
Sat Nov 5 13:03:27 EST 2005

I've added two versions of the four hands logo with a globe and
another graphic showing pages popping off the monitor. I would
appreciate your comments on them and thoughts on other themes
which we could put in.

Generally, a few features I feel are good for a logo are:
1. Relating to the theme (which in our case involves the terms:
   Internet hosting, co-operation/collaboration.)
2. Simple concept art: Intricate features would evaporate on scaling
   the logo down.
3. Use of colors: Its ideal if a logo would look as good in gray-scale
   and in black and white. It could either use shades that form a theme
   (like debian, gentoo, slash-dot) or small set of important colors
   (like CNBC, picasa.com).

- Anil.