[Hcoop-discuss] Web site look

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Tue Nov 1 11:32:38 EST 2005

Well, it's starting to feel like we should just pick a web site theme
and move on.  Recently Synapse (a non-member whom I talked to on
Freenode) created this design:
    http://bagheera.id.au/hcoop

He picked the logo that is also my current favorite of those proposed.
I think that design is nice-looking, but I do have two complaints.
- There aren't enough links on our front page to warrant a "sidebar,"
though that's good to have for the portal.  (That was probably his
intent in designing it.)
- I'm not decided on how I like the repeated background on the front
page, but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't want any such complicated
background for the portal and wiki.

Any opinions on this and other design possibilities?  That wiki page
again is:
    http://wiki.hcoop.net/wiki/TheHcoopLook

I'm especially interesting in any HTML gurus out there looking at the
HTML generated for the portal and telling me the proper way to CSS-ize
it and otherwise get it up to modern standards.  I don't know too much
about HTML that wasn't supported by Netscape 2. :-)