[Hcoop-discuss] public SVN server - reviving the issue

Chris Clearwater chris at detriment.org
Thu Dec 29 01:13:14 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 18:41 -0800, Terrence Brannon wrote:
> On 12/27/05, Ryan M <kubisuro at att.net> wrote:
> the earlier plan was to have a separate dev server. not to host it at
> the same place.

I am not sure if I would classify running a public subversion repository
as something that should be done on a "dev" server. I think it is a task
which has the same high-availability constraints as does serving web
pages. This is in contrast to using the server for actual development
(emacs / gcc / gdb / etc) that taxes its resources and puts its
stability and security at risk.