[Hcoop-discuss] rsnapshot errors

Adam Chlipala adamc at hcoop.net
Sun Dec 25 00:23:25 EST 2005

Karl Chen wrote:

>I just looked, and rsnapshot actually does support using rsync
>--link-dest instead of cp.  Just set 'link_dest 1' in
>/etc/rsnapshot.conf.

In Debian's rsnapshot.conf, a comment says that using GNU cp is a
superior choice, if it's available, which it is in Debian.  Who should I
believe? :-)

BTW, I found a Debian bug report that may be related, and I made a small
patch to the rsnapshot source as it recommended, to get around recent
changes to cp.  We'll see if the next backup run succeeds.