[Hcoop-discuss] Re: [Hcoop-announce] /var space problem fixed

ntk at hcoop.net ntk at hcoop.net
Thu Dec 15 12:28:10 EST 2005

> Chris Clearwater wrote:
>> I think http://www.nagios.org/ (formerly netsaint) does all of this
>> out of the box. There is even a debian package for it.
>
> I would also like to restate that this solves a different set of
> problems than having a backup MX.

Agreed--I think we should have a backup MX and with abu basically idle it
ought to serve.  I've never set up backup MX's before, so for the present
I'll leave that discussion to our more wizardly admins.

I will look at nagios and see if it is suitable, otherwise I would be
happy to rewrite my monitoring cronscripts over the break.