[Hcoop-discuss] Next steps for HCoop

Tanveer Singh tanveer1979 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 22:27:30 EST 2005

On 12/2/05, Adam Chlipala <adamc at hcoop.net> wrote:

> Tanveer Singh wrote:
>
> > But with our current security setting where even sending attachments
> > via email is not possible, the only way to upload stuff to fyodor is
> > ssh, and this is where non-geek idea gets thrown out of the window.
>
> I'm not aware of any limitation on sending e-mail attachments.  If
> you're talking about the time-out for CGI/PHP, then that is not directly
> related, and I believe the majority of members don't use the web at all
> in the process of sending or receiving e-mail.  Also, besides scp and
> other ssh-based file transfer methods, we recently added secure FTP.

Yes I am talking about time-out. I am perfectly okay with that. But I was
responding to ntk about getting mainstream people in. Once they come you
will have people using webmail etc., etc., Someday somebody may want to
setup messageboards etc., etc., Lots of support issues will come up. Then we
will start thinking about paid support etc., etc., So lets stick to "power
users" only.