[Bond-users] Continue topic "Multiple selection" from Jul 04, 2013

Ezra Tucker ezra.tucker at altenex.com
Fri Aug 2 09:51:36 EDT 2013

Hi Nadia,

I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that if you wanted to have check boxes in a list, they would need to be connected to a column in the database- you'd just need to add a column called something like "tf_select", and connect check boxes to that column. It's my understanding that Bond won't really be able to process any user data if it doesn't have a place to store that data-- and the only place that Bond can store any data is in the postgres database.
I feel like what you may be after is sort of behavior that you can get much easier with HTML forms and PHP where form data is parsed by the PHP program, but not necessarily passed to or from the database unless explicitly told to do so.
Again, not sure if this is entirely correct, but it's been my understanding thus far. Hope this helps!

-Ezra

Ezra R. Tucker
Senior Analyst | Altenex LLC
7 Liberty Square | Boston, MA 02109