[Bond-users] Papyrus makelabels

Jasen Betts jasen at treshna.com
Thu Dec 8 16:24:21 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 11:13:27PM +0000, Colin Close wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm wondering if there is any way to pass the label size/type from
> papyrus_gui to the makelabels engine. The label types are defined in
> makelabels.conf. Can it be passed as a parameter in the report xml or is
> this functionality limited to database items?
> So far the way I've been using it is to edit the first label in the list which
> the program appears to default to. Obviously this is a bit limiting!!
> Best
> Colin Close

makelabels is a script that runs on the output of the papyrus text
engine there has never been seamless integration.papyruns isn't geared
towards users making formatting decisions at run-time.

one way of fixing this would require changes to papyrus GUI. (I guess
it would need to read makelabels.conf and let the user choose)

in another the papyrus script could possibly be changed to treat certain
parameters specially. (eg if they start with "__LABELS__") and pass
them to makelabels instead of to the papyrus backend (which is the bit
that extracts the data from the database)

a more papyrus-like option might be to work out a method where the template
could be specified in the papyrus XML and arrange for the papyrus
script to pull that setting.

--
Jasen Betts
treshna Enterprises Ltd