[Bond-users] Bond vs. Glom for small clinic

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Tue Jan 13 13:05:28 EST 2009

>> I was asking on #postgres about 'notify' and i was told that the
>> remaining issue is passing data between application and bond?
>>
>> Any hint for that?
>>

> what sort of effect are you after?

Well, I'd need to pass data between my main Haskell application and
database back-end.

After thinking more about how to 'glue' it together, it looks like I'm
better writing everything in Haskell.

On Glom list I got the answer that it would be e.g. possible to pass
data between my application an Glom if the latter would have e.g. DBUS
api, but even considering it would be true, it is still not easy.

It seems that, due to my application having lot of 'business logic'
which will be written in Haskell and it is not database-oriented, that
neither Glom nor Bond are the right match for this task.

I could probably use Bond by writing lot of pgsql code for the clinic,
but since the clinic's database functionality is going to be used for
another app, I'm better writing everything in Haskell and abstracting
database-part.

Thank you for your input and readiness to help.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D