[Bond-users] Bond vs. Glom for small clinic

Colin Close itchka at compuserve.com
Mon Dec 29 04:29:54 EST 2008

Hi Gour,

I have used Bond to created a visiting database application. If you are
happy to try and learn Python you won't find Bond too difficult. Several
years ago I spent a long time looking for something that would do what
Bond can do and believe me it is head and shoulders above anything else
I found. It is also great fun!!  As Dru says in his mail if you are
prepared to create your database structure in postgresql and take a
small amount of time (and I do mean small) to learn its function
language pl/pgsql Bond will do the job for you.
I started off by using one the ready created Bond applications
(Paymaster) which I used as a foundation for my visits database.
Paymaster has lots of good examples of how to implement things like
searches, lists and reports. If you decide to use Bond I can let you
have a copy of the app I have written which will give a lot more
examples of what can be done with the more modern incarnations of Bond.

Simply put get yourself postgresql, pgadmin3 (for database management
and function development), Bond and KDE's Kate as your development
environment. Its best to use the Kate from KDE3 since the KDE4 version
does not yet have the xml checking plugin.

Best of luck

Best

Colin Close