[Bond-users] Bond vs. Glom for small clinic

Dru dru at treshna.com
Sun Dec 28 20:25:50 EST 2008

Hello Gour.

Bond and Glom are quite different.  Glom is similar to ms access/file
maker,
which is easier to use.   While bond is a powerful tool for building
front end
forms to postgresql databases.  Its not as easy to use with point and click
interface as glom.

If you have a good knowledge of databases then bond is more suited.
Its designed for writing code with pl/pgsql or pl/pythonu and then just
designing the forms that work with your schema.  So you will
find that most of your code is in the database itself. And this
code could be pl/pgsql, python or any one of a number of embedded
languages for postgresql.

I have not actively maintained the glade xml conversion tools,
as I write my forms in xml directly. If they do work, then I would
imagine you would need to change your xml files a bit to make it work
with bond.