[Bond-users] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Scons build build problems]]

jasen at tyreal.treshna.com jasen at tyreal.treshna.com
Sun Dec 16 18:11:53 EST 2007

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 05:26:14PM -0500, Colin Close wrote:
> Mmm Jasen
> they must have fixed/changed something already as I'm using scons
> 0.96.93.  I know what I have done its a horrible hack but there seems to
> be no other obvious way to position the -L flags anywhere else but at
> the beginning of the libraries. I suppose one answer is to write ones
> own execution environment. Are you suggesting that the pkg-config trick
> (obviously without all the 'echo' stuff) won't work either once they
> sort the quoting. The problem I had was that the command line I was
> trying to use was always in double quotes which of course caused the
> pkg-config command to fail.
> Is there a sloution to this?

when they sort the quoting gcc will see arguments containing the
backtick as strings with the backtick in them.

hopefully they'll get to the ordering issue first.

I'm guessing you could turn it on its head and put all the other flags
and libraries and flags in the LINKFLAGS

I think you can use

  env.Append(LINKFLAGS = Split(`pkg-config .....`));

I might try that later.