[Bond-users] XUL for html-ui

Jure Kodzoman kodzoman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 03:28:36 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 17:36 +1300, Dru wrote:
> I looked at xul and made inital attempts at writing the html backend
in
> xul. I've used xul before for other projects. But gave up.

I don't beleive you could create a end-user website with XUL, but then
you can't with html-ui either.

But I thought goal of html-ui was porting business apps to web
interface, and since that is not for wide use, but rather partially
controlable environmnet, you could suggest many if not all of them to
install firefox.

We have a large web admin interface that works only for firefox, and it
has shown that windows users are ready to install firefox if you explain
to them that it can't be done with IE, and what are all the benefits you
gain.

If you've already looked into it, no point in discussing, since I myself
haven't written anything in it, I just recently discovered it :)

I was so amazed by it's looks and what it can do, i just had to say it
somewhere :)

Thanks for all your work on BOND guys!

Jure