[Oct. 17 Seattle] Real Change Ad, etc.

Geov Parrish geovlp at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 24 23:06:27 EDT 2009

I'm -- that is, Peace Action of Washington is, and I'm the sole staff person - sponsoring the Joya events. We're hoping to get her to Tacoma, and an evening reception and talk in Seattle, in the day she's here, then an event in Bellingham on her way up to Vancouver the next day. She's doing this around release of a new book and as a fundraiser for Afghan Women's Mission. Don't have the venue lined up yet but we should have an announcement on that - and hence all the other pertinent details - by early next week. That's most of what I'm going to be working on for the next seven weeks.

I would certainly never speak for her but I think it's no secret that in word and deed Joya is pretty implacably opposed to the Taliban, AND to US imperialism and its puppet narco-state, AND to Islamic patriarchy. For some binary thinkers that will be very hard to wrap their heads around. Good.

Geov