[Oct. 17 Seattle] Questions about the banner

chr2eemail at comcast.net chr2eemail at comcast.net
Sat Oct 3 01:03:54 EDT 2009

1) Does anyone out there have software that will make letters larger that 96 pt., or is it possible to do this with a photo program?
I ask because if we could print-out individual letters as large as 8 ½ x 11, or 8 ½ x 14, then we could simply cut them out and trace around them---which would ultimately save time and make a neater banner. And since Open Office (and probably other word processors) has the option of just printing the outline of a large letter, this wouldn’t take much ink.
Just askin’, ‘cause initially outlining the letters on a banner is probably more time-consuming than filling them in.
2) If we used black plumbers' or landscapers' felt (available at Home Depot or Lowes), then people would have less of a problem pulling bags out of the banner as we walked. This, of course, would require using white, yellow, red-glo, or some other light paint. Another advantage is that if anyone drips paint, the error can be covered w/ black paint.
But since I’ve never used this material for this purpose, there may be disadvantages. Nevertheless, Doug N.’s banners do seem to hold up for a long time.
Frank