[Oct. 17 Seattle] Regarding the antiwar activities on October 6th, 7th and 17th

October 17 Seattle october17antiwar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 20:56:47 EDT 2009

World Can't Wait Seattle --

A couple of points:  First, the Seattle October 17th Antiwar Mobilization
has decided not to endorse your planned events on October 6th and 7th:The
activities on the 6th appear not to be organized as mass actions, and
therefore we don't think they warrant our endorsement.  And the event you've
called on the 7th at 4:00 at Westlake conflicts with the event called by
ANSWER about a month before, at 5:00 at 23rd and Jackson.  Our concern is
that this conflict divides the movement.  On the other hand, we would likely
endorse this event if you made it build and support the previously-called
23rd and Jackson event, rather than conflict with it.  One example of such
would be to make it a feeder march ending at 23rd and Jackson.  We believe
that it is important that groups maintain an orientation toward building the
movement, rather than dividing it. Second, in previous correspondence
between our groups, the topic of your endorsing the October 17th event
against the war was discussed, but not resolved.  Have you decided whether
to endorse this event?  We'd like to hear sooner rather than later, so that
we can include your name on posters prior to the first printing.  Thanks.

In struggle,
October 17th Antiwar Mobilization

--
Seattle October 17 Anti-War Mobilization
http://october17antiwarseattle.blogspot.com/