[Oct. 17 Seattle] Regarding the antiwar activities on October 6th, 7th and 17th

Eric Gordan ejrd1993 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 1 02:51:04 EDT 2009

World Can't Wait Seattle --A couple of points:First, the Seattle October 17th Antiwar Mobilization has decided not to endorse your planned events on October 6th and 7th:The activities on the 6th appear not to be organized as mass actions, and therefore we don't think they warrant our endorsement.  And the event you've called on the 7th at 4:00 at Westlake conflicts with the event called by ANSWER about a month before, at 5:00 at 23rd and Jackson.  Our concern is that this conflict divides the movement.  On the other hand, we would likely endorse this event if you made it build and support the previously-called 23rd and Jackson event, rather than conflict with it.  One example of such would be to make it a feeder march ending at 23rd and Jackson.  We believe that it is important that groups maintain an orientation toward building the movement, rather than dividing it. Second, in previous correspondence between our groups, the topic of your endorsing the October 17th event against the war was discussed, but not resolved.  Have you decided whether to endorse this event?  We'd like to hear sooner rather than later, so that we can include your name on posters prior to the first printing.  Thanks.
In struggle,
October 17th Antiwar Mobilization