[Oct. 17 Seattle] Fwd: Stop U.S. Occupation of Afghanistan NOW!

October 17 Seattle october17antiwar at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 01:17:36 EDT 2009

original email from world cant wait

--Anton

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anton Black <anton666 at oz.net>
Date: Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 8:59 PM
Subject: Fwd: Stop U.S. Occupation of Afghanistan NOW!
To: october17antiwar at gmail.com

protest U.S. war on Afghanistan October 17! Seattle info:
http://october17antiwarseattle.blogspot.com/ For updates please subscribe to

--- Begin forwarded message:

From: The World Can't Wait <seattle at worldcantwait.org>
To: anton at vvawai.org
Subject: Stop U.S. Occupation of Afghanistan NOW!
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:10:41 +0200

   *The World Can't Wait
Stop the Crimes of Your Government* *News from the Seattle
 Chapter*           Watch Video of Mathis Chiroux, War Resister on Resisting
Military Recruiting on Oct 6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-tmcW99P30<http://t.ymlp18.com/mwuataemmadauyymaoauebb/click.php>

**
Reccommended Reading From World Can't Wait:

Looking Forward Not
Backward<http://t.ymlp18.com/mweaaaemmagauyymarauebb/click.php>by
Professor Dennis Loo

The Baby Killers <http://t.ymlp18.com/mweaaaemmagauyymarauebb/click.php> by
Richard Neville

 Find us on Facebook

We Are Not Your Soldiers<http://t.ymlp18.com/mwmalaemmadauyymapauebb/click.php>

War Criminals Watch <http://t.ymlp18.com/mwjadaemmarauyymakauebb/click.php>

World Can't Wait <http://t.ymlp18.com/mwbagaemmanauyymakauebb/click.php>

Follow Us On Twitter

Wrong Army Wrong <http://t.ymlp18.com/mwhavaemmadauyymaxauebb/click.php>

* *

  *
*       World Can't Wait is calling on everyone to participate in the
following actions in October as a part of building resistance on the
upcoming 9th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan:

*Sunday, September 27 *
* *
World Can't Wait Planning Meeting

Time: 4pm

Uptown Espresso located at 2504 4th Ave Seattle , WA
(between 4th and Wall in Belltown) **
 *Tuesday October 6*

We Are Not Your Your Soldiers:
*A Day of resisting recruitment in high schools nationwide. *
**
**

*We are calling on students, teachers and others to protest recruitment in
high schools. On Tuesday Oct 6th students, teachers and supporters can:*
**
*- Wear an orange bandana or ribbon (the color against torture and war) to
show there's a movement.*
**
*-Show the "We Are Not Your Soldiers" film in classrooms. This is a film of
presentations given in high schools last year with Iraq Vets and World Can't
Wait organizers. The presentations focused on war crimes the U.S.
militaryis committing and what the military is recruiting for.
(contact
seattle at worldcantwait.org<http://t.ymlp18.com/mwwaxaemmalauyymarauebb/click.php>to
get a copy of the film)
*
**
*-Invite the We Are Not Your Soldiers speakers into your classroom (contact
seattle at worldcantwait.org<http://t.ymlp18.com/mwwaxaemmalauyymarauebb/click.php>
)*
**
*-Watch a clip of Emma Kaplan from The We Are Not Your Soldiers DVD here *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL-IV6DpzjE<http://t.ymlp18.com/mwqakaemmanauyymarauebb/click.php>

Check out our letter to teachers:
http://www.worldcantwait.net/index.php/home-mainmenu-289/5868-to-socially-conscious-educators<http://t.ymlp18.com/mwyalaemmapauyymazauebb/click.php>
-

*Wednesday Oct 7th, The 9th Anniversary of The Invasion of Afghanistan:*
**
*Visible Resistance to The U.S. Occupations of Afghanistan*

Where: Westlake (4th and Pine)

Time: 4:00 pm

During rush hour, we will send the message to the people that war in
Afghanistan is not a "good war gone bad" but an illegal, immoral war waged
for empire. We will show that the the war in Afghanistan is being fought the
same way the wars in Iraq have been fought:  bombing of civilians and the
wanton use of torture. Wedding parties have become regular targets of
bombings since the U.S. considers any grouping of Afghans inherently
hostile  Participants will come dressed for a wedding party. Those of us who
pay attention know what happens to wedding parties in Afghanistan when the
US decides civilians should not gather in large groups – but the general
public in the US doesn't necessarily know. We will do street theater to show
people exactly what the U.S. does to the people of Afghanistan.  Bring
cameras and be ready to play a variety of roles, including talking with the
public about why the US occupation of Afghanistan must end.

 *Why you should participate in these actions:*

*ON OCTOBER 7th 2001, the Bush Regime declared war on Afghanistan. For the
next eight years and continuing up to today, **tens of thousands of Afghans
have been killed by U.S. air strikes, bombs, and bullets, and the Afghani
infrastructure has been devastated. And now this is Obama's war. Many
who **opposed
Bush’s war voted for Obama because they thought he would end it. Yet the **war
has continued and escalated.** **In just one day of this war, May 4, 2009,
U.S. air strikes killed over 150 Afghan children, women, men in a village in
Farah province. *These airstrikes have multiplied almost daily. Within the
next several weeks, President Obama will announce that up to 20,000 more
troops will deploy to Afghanistan -  in addition to replacing up to 14,000
support troops with "trigger-pullers." He is conducting a policy review in
order to achieve a victory for U.S. empire there. But victory for the U.S.
empire only means increasing the death and destruction brought to the Afghan
people.. This is not in the interest of the Afghanistan population or the
people of the world.
  Write us with what you think:
seattle at worldcantwait.org<http://t.ymlp18.com/mwwaxaemmalauyymarauebb/click.php>

 World Can't Wait - National:
http://www..worldcantwait.org<http://t.ymlp18.com/mqsavaemmanauyymafauebb/click.php>
866.973.4463
Seattle Chapter: seattle at worldcantwait.org  [image: Make a Donation]  donate
online at worldcantwait.org.
Note:  Online donations are not tax-deductible at this time. Donations by
check are.
TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION INFO:
To make a tax deductible donation of $100 or more in support of WCW'seducation
al activities, checks should be made out to: "The Alliance for Global
Justice," a 501(3)(c) organization, and designate "for WCW" in the check
memo line. The Alliance for Global Justice latest financial report is
available at their offices: 1247 E St. SE, Washington, D.C. 20003

The World Can't Wait

www.worldcantwait.org

seattle at worldcantwait.org