[StJamesPlace-steering] Police

Tony Christiano Jr. hertelhardware at gmail.com
Thu May 27 09:10:53 EDT 2010

Folks,
The sharks are feeding again. There has been another car break-in this past monday (5-24-10). When I mentioned to Buffalo PD that "this has been happening a lot as of late", he replied, "As of late?"," I've been working this neighborhood for 20 years it's always bad". There didn't seem to be any urgency to alleviate this.

My Buffalo detective friend, who is very unhappy with this administration, ran an incident history on our street and found that only (3) break-ins have been reported since Jan 1st.
Personally I have reported (2) of the three, which leads me to believe  that either a), the police are not recording these incidents, or b), the neighborhood is not filing incident reports. Remember, this administration uses "CITISTAT". The more reports filed, allows us to demand a greater police presence!

Moreover, the detective also URGED the neighbors to continuously call or email the "Mayors Complaint Line"  and threaten to call "Ch 2 News on your side and "The Buffalo News" if action is not taken.

Side note: I know for a fact that the interim commissioner (Dan Derenda) who lives in the burbs, is very involved with his son's travel hockey. This is not a bad thing, except when it compromises the safety of a healthy neighborhood, so keep calling and writing!

Finally, in the past year, we lost two families to the suburbs due to crime, I'd hate to see more flight or a decrease in housing values because of neglect.

Tony Christiano Jr.
(170)