[SQLiteJDBC] java.lang.IllegalStateException during commit

Parag Thakur paragvt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 13:51:26 EST 2010

hello,

We are facing a very peculiar issue at the customer that I am not able to
reproduce easily. After this exception occurs, the database stays locked and
all subsequent operations (from either the same process or a different one)
on the db fail with "database is locked" exception. We are using v56 of the
driver with jre6 (1.6.0.21).

Sequence of operations in our code:

Open connection

-         Create prepared statement

-         Set auto commit = false for the connection

-         Insert rows

-         Commit *< This throws Illegal state exception after software has
been running for a while *

-          In finally block, I try to close the prepared statement. This
also throws Ilegal state exception

-          In outer most block, I try to close the connection. This also
throws illegal state exception and I think DB stays open after that.