[Nestedvm] ld termination with signal 11

Andre Pietsch andre.pietsch at advicio-servdesk.de
Wed May 18 09:47:58 EDT 2011

Hi,

another question from a nestedVM beginner:

I completed to use the makefiles and mechanisms of the mozilla
compilation process to translate a part of the mozilla framework with
nestedVM. The whole process completes with no error and uses the
mips-..-ar and ..-ranlib to create a library.

As far as I understood the nestedVM way I need an executable that can be
put into the following java Compile step.

The problem is now that the mozila guys compile everything with the "-c"
parameter that does not link the stuff together but prepares everything
to be used in libraries. Another problem is that I need a main method to
get an executable that is accepted by the following java Compile step.
So I wrote a minimal .cpp file with a main method and added it to the
"-c" compile process.

Now I want to finally link all the compiled .o files together with
something like:

mips-unknown-elf-gcc $(CXXFLAGS) -o my.mips $(LIST_OF_FILES_WITH .o
SUFFIX) myMain.o

and get the error:

collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]

I added the "-Wl,-debug" parameter but I can't see an error and as far
as I can see he is using the ld of nestedVM.

Has anyone an idea what the problem could be?

Regards

Andre Pietsch
Andre Pietsch
Tel.: +49 351 3329139
Mobil: +49 176 55052270
Email: andre.pietsch at a-sd.de
Advicio Servdesk GmbH
Pohlandstr. 17, D-01309 Dresden
Geschäftsführer: Roland Laqua
Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 25330, USt-IdNr. DE252872908