[Nestedvm] How's NestedVM doing in my absence?

David Ehrmann ehrmann at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 18:10:24 EDT 2010

On 10/15/2010 8:18 AM, Brian Alliet wrote:
> Does anybody have any questions about NestedVM that haven't been
> answered? Surprisingly I still remember lots of internal details. The
> occasional NestedVM question I get in my inbox has kept my head
> somewhat in it.
I made an Apache Thrift Ant task using NestedVM that amazingly works
(shameless plug: http://code.google.com/p/thriftc-task/).  The problem
is it's a little slow.  When I ran the NestedVM compiler, I had to use
the option that reduces the Java symbol count at the expense of
performance.  I was wondering if there are any workarounds to not lose
the speed?  Maybe something as stupid as a helper class with public members?

And thank you for the work.  It was actually a little amazing to get C++
code designed for *nix running correctly under Java.