[Nestedvm] building nestedvm with gcc 4.x

Simmons, Aaron asimmons at rosettastone.com
Fri May 7 11:48:24 EDT 2010

>Well I got somewhere on OS X. I think I ran into this before but I
>don't remember what I did...
>
>FATAL:/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/darwin/x86_64/as: I don't understand 'G' flag!

There's some messages on the list about this, but it doesn't seem to ever have gotten resolved.

This seems like a completely different problem than what my patch fixed.  This is some sort of toolchain incompatibility.  The 'as' assembler tool doesn't like the 'G' option for some reason.  What's strange is that it seems to be using the Mac's as and not the cross-compiled one.  Arg, autotools problems are so obtuse...

At any rate, you should be able to build nestedvm on newer Ubuntu versions. :)

aaron