[Nestedvm] constant pool full

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 19 10:09:20 EST 2009

All,

  I am getting the following error when translating mips into java bytecode:

org.ibex.classgen.ClassFile$Exn: constant pool full
at org.ibex.classgen.ConstantPool.add(ConstantPool.java:247)
at org.ibex.classgen.MethodGen.finish(MethodGen.java:604)
at org.ibex.classgen.ClassFile._dump(ClassFile.java:169)
at org.ibex.classgen.ClassFile.dump(ClassFile.java:160)
at org.ibex.nestedvm.ClassFileCompiler.__go(ClassFileCompiler.java:380)
at org.ibex.nestedvm.ClassFileCompiler._go(ClassFileCompiler.java:72)
at org.ibex.nestedvm.Compiler.go(Compiler.java:259)
at org.ibex.nestedvm.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:183)
Compiler Error: Class generation exception: org.ibex.classgen.ClassFile$Exn:
constant pool full

  I am probably stretching the limits of NestedVM by building an application
which has many dependencies (netcdf-4, hdf-4, udunits, libgrib2c, curl,
jpeg, jasper, gd, libpng, tiff, geotiff, libsz, libz). Adding NetCDF-4 with
opendap support (needs curl) brought me over the limit. Individually these
libraries appear to work ok.

   Is there a work around for the size of the constant pool now set at ~
65K.

   Thank you,

       Arlindo

--