[Nestedvm] Help with missing dependency: gpc-20030830

Fabio Corubolo corubolo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 13:52:51 EDT 2009

Dear Adam,

thank you for your prompt reply! An for your nestedVM, it is really an
interesting piece of software!
I am trying to get all the system to work, to then test it to compile
other software. This far I managed to get JBig2Dec library to compile,
and a vew other; but I did not change any makefile; I'll have to study
the issues as I used makefiles very little (on the editing side at
least).

>> 2) the tasks directory in upstream, and the build directory were
>> missing when importing from GIT
>
> Hrm, they should get created automatically...

I just run make; they were not created on my Fedora installation, but
that may depend on my configuration I guess.

>> 5) make cxxtest breaks
>
> Hrm, you're right.  I don't know why this is.  Any ideas?

I have not looked any further; I thought it may be an issue with my
configuration. The previous version (before you moved to GIT) was
working OK for me, so I guess some of the most recent changes.
I'll have a look if I can figure out something.

>> 6) make busyboxtest breaks: at mid configuration, it opens the config
>> UI; after saving the config with no change, it breaks.
>
> Yes, I know about this.  Unfortunately the patch that Brian wrote was
> against busybox 1.0pre9, which is no longer available on the web.  I
> tried updating the patch to be against 1.0 (final), but didn't finish
> the job.  If you submit a new patch, I would be happy to include it.

I have the 1.0 pre9, I found it somewhere; if you want I can send you
that file. I guess one would have to move back to the previous patches;

>> 7) when trying to build Tex, I am missing the texinputs-1.0.tgz; Also
>> the tex distribution is not included and needs to be placed in the
>> upstream tex folder. Is it possible to get the source code for the
>> needed tex components?
>
> Ah, yes, that's the other part I haven't fixed yet.  I'm still trying
> to find that file.

I'll try to search for that myself, and I will let you know if I find
it anywhere;

Thank you for all your help,

cheers

Fabio