[Calefaction Wiki] Update of "HomeBrewing/Recipes" by SteveKillen

Calefaction Wiki noreply at calefaction.org
Fri Aug 3 17:21:29 EDT 2012

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Calefaction Wiki" for change notification.

The "HomeBrewing/Recipes" page has been changed by SteveKillen:
http://wiki.calefaction.org/HomeBrewing/Recipes?action=diff&rev1=110&rev2=111

  Trying out Amarillo as the sole hop, hoping to complement it with peaches in primary and a nice Belgian character. It helps that T-58 tolerates summer temps!. Efficiency was about 10 points below predicted (OG 1.046); the two main variables were time (75 instead of 90 minutes) and the fact that a full third of the grain bill was old grains from last year. Trying to ferment at 70, but the swamp cooler is barely keeping up. In the end, I only kept it to 73-75. :-\

  Great attenuation; FG 1.010. Nice and phenolic, but not much peach in the gravity sample. Tasty! Bottling in another week.
+
+ === Sriracha Porter ===
+
+
+ A challenge from a friend months ago led to this recipe. Summit hops, by many accounts, yield a garlicky/oniony flavor, and the sorghum lends a sourness. Going to secondary it with habanero peppers. We shall see...

  = Kristen =