LET'S MAKE BEER FOLKS

Rachel Brown rdbrown2057 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 18:49:43 EDT 2012

I can help Sunday if nothing comes up.  also when i was in Asheville i
started thinking about making a dryish lemon basil mead

what if we went all out and got a fancy varietal honey?
http://www.sleepingbearfarms.com/shop/honey/tupelo-honey?gclid=CIvd5In_wa8CFcjb4Aodmn74ZA

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Steve Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com>wrote:

> I cannot, though I desperately want to, until after Tuesday. The semester
> is coming to a hard spike in work for me. I encourage you to do 10 gallons
> this weekend, though! And when you do, take pictures! :)
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Clinton Ebadi <clinton at unknownlamer.org>wrote:
>

>> Greetings,
>>
>> We have had equipment capable of producing ten gallon batches of beer
>> sitting around for *weeks* ... and we've not brewed beer since
>> Sebastian's batch (a month this weekend!). We're also down to *two*
>> weekends left for solstice beer :(
>>
>> NON-BREWING PLANS:
>>
>>  Friday - ???
>>  Saturday - Rennfest!
>>  Suturday - Moving 2 Y^3 of dirt into planter beds (this is a magical
>>            eigth day of the week)
>>  Sunday - HCoop board meeting, but not until six...
>>

>> MY BREWING PLANS:
>>
>>  Friday - ?? Shall Clinton dare an attempt at beer production?
>>  Saturday - Nope, Rennfest
>>  Sunday - (if (on-hand? 'Chamomile)
>>              '10-gal-ginger-chamomile
>>              '5-gal-nowruz)
>>
>> To do the ten gallon batch, we'll need a wee bit more vinyl hosing and a
>> second aerator gadget (unless it can be placed before the tee?). I'm
>> also going to split the batch between US-05 and some Belgian yeast or
>> another.
>>
>> And a new fermenter (bpt said something about acquiring one or two).
>>
>> Also, realistically, we need to get a 50lbs bag of grain (we'll be done
>> with it by the end of May I think... damn). I can buy it (with everyone
>> giving me cash money and/or tribute for grains later, at cost), but I
>> can't store it here... we have way too many weird tiny bugs (curse you
>> animal-rich ecosystem in my backyard!) and I think they'd get into the
>> grain.
>>
>> I also need to get my blackberry-hibiscus cyser racked out of the 6 gal
>> carboy (that can wait a bit / I can easily do that alone this week and
>> probably shall). And... bottle the 5 gallons of cyser (that also can
>> wait a bit since it's stabilized and should be aging acceptably in
>> bulk).
>>
>> Does anyone want to make mead or fruit+mead wines? I think I can locate
>> five gallon buckets of honey, but those are more than 50lbs and $3ish/lb
>> IIRC.
>>
>> MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: Will anyone be around to assist with brewing
>> Sunday? My current assumption is that I'll be lucky to have one
>> assistant... but beer must be made.
>>
>> --
>>                         Ruled by the ebb of my oceans
>>                        Slaves to the dusk and the dawn
>>                         Your petri dish civilisations
>>                             Are buried and born

> --
> Steven F. Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com>
> | elvestinkle @ twitter
> | pursuing.calefaction.org
>
> Etsi provectus in sententiis sis
> Esse parvulus in spiritus debes

Rachel Brown

Resource Developer and Americorps VISTA
Rockingham District Partners in Ministry
rdbrown2057 at gmail.com
Office: (910) 268-4688
Cell: (419) 306-5167