Brewing Schedule...

Steve Killen steven.f.killen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 21:22:45 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Rachel Brown <rdbrown2057 at gmail.com> wrote:

> what theoretical tweaks were you considering?

Bringing the hops down a bit, mostly--something like 32 instead of 40 IBU.
Moving the Saaz to 20 minutes and cutting half an ounce off of it is one
approach. On the other hand, the high hoppiness will mean a better balanced
beer 6-8 months down the road. It's a question of what your drinking window
is, I guess.

I keep meaning to try to convert it to as close to all-grain as possible,
too. The 1.5lbs DME is there just to up the body a bit depending on our
wort's SG; 1.070 is the general target.

> also Clinton says Sebastian has dibs.  i am fine with that, but i havent
> heard (on here) from him regarding whether or not he wants to claim those
> dibs

No sweat; I was just commenting on it since it was topical :) Yeah,
Sebastian claimed a spot for this weekend a couple of weeks ago when we
were bottling, IIRC.

Sebastian, I would like for you to confirm the ingredients for me sometime
before the weekend, and I'll pick it up for you en route to Evergreen.
Alternately, I can head down there the morning of and we can make an
educational field trip!