[Calefaction Wiki] Update of "HomeBrewing/Recipes" by SteveKillen

Calefaction Wiki noreply at calefaction.org
Mon Jan 23 19:37:25 EST 2012

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Calefaction Wiki" for change notification.

The "HomeBrewing/Recipes" page has been changed by SteveKillen:
http://wiki.calefaction.org/HomeBrewing/Recipes?action=diff&rev1=54&rev2=55

  Second attempt with this recipe, on a slightly bigger kettle. Woo, a half-gallon more beer :) I changed the yeast and played with the hop schedule a bit to compensate for the fruitier yeast profile. More importantly, I tried adding most of the DME near the end of the boil rather than at the beginning.

+ Yowie, what a difference the late addition makes! Unfortunately, the Fuggles are missed on the palate, but the extra emphasis on the Kent Goldings yields an incredibly quaffable brew. In successive iterations, I'll walk the Fuggles back in.
+
  == Stovetop Northern England Brown Ale ==