Tomorrow's grain bill

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Sun Jan 30 03:28:35 EST 2011

Steve Killen <steven.f.killen at gmail.com> writes:

> So either recipe we do means I need a grain bill. I can be at the FLHS by 11.
>
> All grain brewing for the win!

Give me a call before you start heading out so that I can be ready.

Grain:

 - 6oz Crystal 20L (we have just enough on hand, use the entire packet)
 - 4oz Belgian Aromatic Malt
 - 4oz Belgian Biscut Malt (but English or American is OK)
 - 10lbs Belgian 2-row Pale/Pils Malt

Extract:

 - 2+ lbs Light Dry Malt Extract
 !!!
   SUPER SCARY WARNING READ ME OR ELSE DEATH SHALL FOLLOW SWIFTLY
 !!!
   - We will be using this to make up the gap between the Mash SG
    (1.06ish) and the gravity of the recipe (1.073). We need at least
    2lbs (2lbs is needed @ 70% efficiency) so get more (they appear to
    have 5.5lbs bags). DME handily stores for just about forever unlike
    LME.

Hops:

 - 2oz Styrian Goldings
 - 1oz Mount Hood (subbed for Strisselspalt because it appears they
   don't have it, but get that if they do!)
 - 1oz Tettnang[er]

Yeast:

 - An ADDITIONAL packet of T-58
   - I have to do the calculations, but I think we need to pitch two
     packets of dry yeast for this. If not, we have another packet for
     next time.

Grocery store:

 - 2 gallons of distilled water

And the things we seem to always forget:

 - Pill cutter
 - Eye dropper

--
                       No seed of hope nor ray of light,