Ingredients for Tomorrow

Clinton Ebadi clinton at unknownlamer.org
Wed Jan 12 20:38:48 EST 2011

Hail Steve (especially),

We need a few things for my brew tomorrow, primarily:

 - 4.5lbs Light LME
 - 3.3lbs Munich Malt LME

 - 1lbs Molasses (blackstrap)

 - 3/4lbs Crystal 80L Malt (well, a 1lbs bag of this)
 - 1/2lbs Black Patent Malt (they sell this in 1/2lbs bags @ $1.75, or
                             1lbs for $2.20... up to you)

 - 2oz Willamette hops
 - 1oz Styrian Golding Hops

 - Safale T-58 Dry Yeast (maybe)

This is in addition to what we have one hand, I need the following
mixture of grains milled:

 - 1lbs    Black Patent
 - 0.5lbs  Chocolate Malt
 - 1lbs    Crystal 80L

We have some black patent, chocolate malt, and 80L on hand (don't forget
to take them to the shop with you ;) ). We have enough chocolate malt to
not need to buy any.

The packet of dry yeast I will need for brewing Chris a gluten-free beer
(the wyeast activator whatever liquid is barley based so...), but I also
need a backup yeast if for some reason the Ringwood cake doesn't work
out (and then ... Belgian Stout? Why the Hell not...).

For the LME... if everyone commits to brewing again within 30 days
(except for J Hitz because he is leaving us) I think it makes sense to
get a full 30lbs container of LME again... if not, I guess we may as
well get it and I might be forced to brew an extra batch (what a
horrible burden to place upon myself).

Keep the receipts, I'll add them to the collection and get you back for
everything as soon as I get paid (in theory ... a few days from now).

--
unknownlamer: I just asked a girl out to a greek tragedy
LeebertLaptop: hmm